SCARBOROUGH FISH AND GAME ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
Scarborough Fish and Game Assn.
P.O. Box 952
Scarborough, ME 04070
Applications filed between 9/1 and 3/31
Single $305.00 - With spouse/significant other $410.00
Applications filed between 4/1 and 8/31
Single $205.00 With spouse/significant other $260.00
Non-refundable $50 application fee is included
- Submission of completed application(s) and payment of the appropriate fee(s) (see above) to the Treasurer
- A Sponsor who has been an SF&GA member in good standing for one year (12 months) and has attended Orientation
- Attendance at a General Membership Meeting for First Reading
- Tour of Club facilities with Sponsor and receipt of a copy of the Safety Rules and Policies explained by Sponsor
- Shooting time at Club facilities with Sponsor
- Attendance with Sponsor at a scheduled Membership Committee Interview (Applicant may be asked to attend a Safety Class or spend additional time with a Range Safety Officer)
- Attendance at a scheduled Orientation (Attendance at the General Membership Meeting when Applicant expects to be voted in is recommended)
- 16-hour work requirement must be completed within the first 12 months to continue membership
SPOUSE / SIGNIFICANT OTHER INFORMATION FOR JOINT APPLICATIONS ONLY:
IN CONSIDERATION OF THE SF&GA’S REVIEW OF THIS APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP AND OF MEMBERSHIP, IF APPROVED, I AGREE AS FOLLOWS: I UNDERSTAND THAT SHOOTING IS AN INHERENTLY DANGEROUS SPORT. I HEREBY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISK OF BODILY INJURY, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO ANY ACTIVITY CONDUCTED ON OR NEAR THE PROPERTY OF SF&GA (THE “ACTIVITY”), WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE SF&GA, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS, OR AGENTS (THE “RELEASEES”) OR OTHERWISE. I HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, AND DISCHARGE RELEASEES FROM, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE RELEASEES FOR, ANY AND ALL LOSS OR DAMAGE AND ANY CLAIM OR DEMANDS THEREFORE ON ACCOUNT OF INJURY TO MY PERSON OR PROPERTY IN ANY WAY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO ANY ACTIVITY. I INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
By completing this form, I agree to abide by the rules and by-laws of the Scarborough Fish and Game Association (SF&GA), as they may be amended from time to time, and will be a true sportsman at all times. I will exert every possible effort to improve hunting and fishing conditions within the State of Maine and New England. I will assist and encourage, in every possible way, the enforcement of all fish and game laws. I will foster the spirit of good fellowship at all times. I agree to participate actively in the affairs of SF&GA whenever called upon, to the best of my ability. I understand that any criminal conviction requires immediate notification to the SF&GA and will subject my application or membership to immediate review and appropriate action. Notification may be made to the SF&GA president or a club officer.
We stress safe gun handling and good sportsmanship and want everyone to view this seriously